Shojo Manhwa Scans

Download Scanlations from SMScans Here

BlogHomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Sharing Harlequin and other e-books

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage

Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello guys...lots of treasure was shared by our cool users in the old forum..so many Hq's were shared..so ill be linking the old forum here

http://shojomanhwascans.forums-free.com/sharing-harlequin-and-other-ebooks-t371.html

and start sharing!!!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member
silvery

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 1:10 pm

Well, as far as I know, you can access the page and open the spoiler tags when you're not logged in. The download links however, are invisible. You can only access any hyperlinks when you're logged in. So non members can't access /download what we've shared. They can however see what's being shared.

As for Julia Quinn's Smythe-Smith series, book two, A night like this was just released this early last month. I finally got my hands on it last week Very Happy still reading it as we speak.
Back to top Go down
aerysa
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 2:53 pm

silvery wrote:
Well, as far as I know, you can access the page and open the spoiler tags when you're not logged in. The download links however, are invisible. You can only access any hyperlinks when you're logged in. So non members can't access /download what we've shared. They can however see what's being shared.

As for Julia Quinn's Smythe-Smith series, book two, A night like this was just released this early last month. I finally got my hands on it last week Very Happy still reading it as we speak.
Oh, well it's always been the case for the links. But it's easy enough to sign-up for an account if someone really wanted to download stuff. I mean, there are 3000+ registered members, but how many do you actually see?

Not that many reply with thank you under the threads and even LESS than that who actively participate.

Anyways... You should give a review when you finish reading that book! I think I have it somewhere so I can share it later when I get to organizing/checking ^^

silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member
silvery

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 3:36 pm

aerysa wrote:

Oh, well it's always been the case for the links. But it's easy enough to sign-up for an account if someone really wanted to download stuff. I mean, there are 3000+ registered members, but how many do you actually see?

Not that many reply with thank you under the threads and even LESS than that who actively participate.

Anyways... You should give a review when you finish reading that book! I think I have it somewhere so I can share it later when I get to organizing/checking ^^

Yeah, very true. I think that's why admins of some forums purge these people out after a while. I don't think I actively say thank you... I find it better to participate in the forums and keep it alive than to spam certain pages with thank yous. But I do appreciate what's been done here Very Happy

Sure, I'll post a review when I'm done then Wink
Back to top Go down
aerysa
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 6:16 am

So... Since I'm a download whore... lol!
I finally sat down to start reorganizing my files again... Yikes. The backlog is ginormous! Shocked

That said... I want my share of bishie sacrifices too!!~

Last edited by aerysa on Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://mikarysa.livejournal.com/

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 6:38 am

Thank you for sharing!
Back to top Go down
aerysa
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 6:54 am

My gosh, I'm a total lurker today... Laughing

Nathye
Nathye

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 7:39 am

aerysa wrote:
My gosh, I'm a total lurker today... Laughing

Ok let's see if I got this right... No I think I didn't get everything (sorry Rolling Eyes ) Hum how do I use the "hide", is the same way you use the spoiler but with "hide"? And for me to see the messages do I need to post a reply after that person or if I already participated once before that counts as a post?

That's all I don't understand ^^ (not much right? lol! )

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:31 am

Some more Julia Quinn goodness. The Bevelstoke Series.

1) THE SECRET DIARIES OF MISS MIRANDA CHEEVER

Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 BVSTK

2 March 1810...
Today, I fell in love.
At the age of ten, Miranda Cheever showed no signs of Great Beauty. And even at ten, Miranda learned to accept the expectations society held for her—until the afternoon when Nigel Bevelstoke, the handsome and dashing Viscount Turner, solemnly kissed her hand and promised her that one day she would grow into herself, that one day she would be as beautiful as she already was smart. And even at ten, Miranda knew she would love him forever.
But the years that followed were as cruel to Turner as they were kind to Miranda. She is as intriguing as the viscount boldly predicted on that memorable day—while he is a lonely, bitter man, crushed by a devastating loss. But Miranda has never forgotten the truth she set down on paper all those years earlier—and she will not allow the love that is her destiny to slip lightly through her fingers...

2) WHAT HAPPENS IN LONDON

Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 BVSTK2

When Olivia Bevelstoke is told that her new neighbor may have killed his fiancée, she doesn't believe it for a second, but still, how can she help spying on him, just to be sure? So she stakes out a spot near her bedroom window, cleverly concealed by curtains, watches, and waits... and discovers a most intriguing man, who is definitely up to something.
Sir Harry Valentine works for the boring branch of the War Office, translating documents vital to national security. He's not a spy, but he's had all the training, and when a gorgeous blonde begins to watch him from her window, he is instantly suspicious. But just when he decides that she's nothing more than a nosy debutante, he discovers that she might be engaged to a foreign prince, who might be plotting against England. And when Harry is roped into spying on Olivia, he discovers that he might be falling for her himself...

3) TEN THINGS I LOVE ABOUT YOU

Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 BVSTK3

TEN THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
ABOUT THIS BOOK:

1. Sebastian Grey is a devilishly handsome rogue with a secret.
2. Annabel Winslow's family voted her The Winslow Most Likely to Speak Her Mind AND The Winslow Most Likely to Fall Asleep in Church.
3. Sebastian's uncle is the Earl of Newbury, and if he dies without siring an heir, Sebastian inherits everything.
4. Lord Newbury detests Sebastian and will stop at nothing to prevent this from happening.
5. Lord Newbury has decided that Annabel is the answer to all of his problems.
6. Annabel does not want to marry Lord Newbury, especially when she finds out he once romanced her grandmother.
7. is shocking, 8. is delicious, 9. is downright wicked, all of which leads the way to
10. Happily. Ever. After.
Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member
silvery

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:53 am

Wow, thanks for all the shares, aerysa and moon. I suppose I'll have to start choosing the bishies to be shipped to you both Wink

Back to top Go down
aerysa
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:15 pm

Thanks Moon!! Very Happy I thought I had these ones, but I only had the first one.

@silvery - haha~ I'm sure we'll be waiting Wink

aiMiXue
Cool User
Cool User
aiMiXue

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 6:12 pm

I'm reading text versions of Harlequins while looking @ the RAWs.
I really recommend http://excnn.com/manga-raw/5929-judar-no-oukan-senichiya-ni-oborete.html + http://bit.ly/O3lfY6

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:31 am

It works!!!!!!! Brilliant idea aerysa cheers Idea Idea cheers

Back to top Go down
silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member
silvery

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 2:48 pm

And I finally finished Julia Quinn's A night like this

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
aerysa
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 11:44 am

Oh man... The list of "to reads" just grows longer and longer and longer...

Anyways, this was shared previously. Can't remember if anyone reviewed it.

I finished reading Birds of a Feather by Allison Lane the other night. Stayed up super late finishing it (like 4am, since I didn't start reading until 11pm or so...) and somehow managed to still get up for work Laughing

REVIEW wrote:
I liked the premise of how the two originally meet. Though there is the initial physical attraction, they actually did not get along since one was at the pinnacle of society's hierarchy (Sedge, as the arbiter of fashion) and the other was a nobody (Joanna, companion to an earl's daughter).

I don't want to give away too much, but the interactions between the main characters, as well as the side characters were interesting. Joanna was a very practical, down-to-earth character. She knew full well her status as a companion. At the same time, she holds true to her morals and isn't fearful (ignoring some stuttering...) about reprimanding Sedge or arguing with him when she felt it necessary.

On the other hand, Sedge was a classic case of two-faced personality. On the surface, he was very much rigid with shows of ennui (boredom) while on the inside was very gentle and caring. Though he might seem harsh at first glance, all the actions he took were for a purpose.

Also, I really liked Reggie (Sedge's older brother) and how gentlemanly he was throughout. He was such a sweet character.

Oh, and it was nice to see some older characters. Since girls usually get their come-out around 16/17 back then. But being a companion, Joanna was an older lady at 27/28 while Sedge was 31 or so.

That said, I think the ending was a bit anti-climatic. It ended nicely like all romance stories do, but it was one of those "I wish there was more!!"

Overall, I would still recommend it since it was an enjoyable read. I think she really captured the depth of each character nicely and they were well-developed.

silvery
Elite Member
Elite Member
silvery

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 11:56 am

aerysa wrote:
Oh man... The list of "to reads" just grows longer and longer and longer...

Anyways, this was shared previously. Can't remember if anyone reviewed it.

I finished reading Birds of a Feather by Allison Lane the other night. Stayed up super late finishing it (like 4am, since I didn't start reading until 11pm or so...) and somehow managed to still get up for work Laughing

I did review it in the last forum, but I didn't go in depth. So it's ok to review it again, after all. This was what I wrote:

silvery wrote:

This story reminds me (slightly) of Pride and prejudice... Both hero and heroine have their pride and prejudices for the other. A good read but I somehow feel that the author could have done better.

Short, isn't it? Wink I still have a pile of reviews to write but I feel so lazy~ Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 10:00 am

I just finished the first of this trilogy. It is my first from this author.

I have to say that I liked the story, but I wanted more description of what the characters were thinking and feeling. I also found set descriptions to be quite lacking. I read this book because unlike most other romance books, the hero wasn't handsome and well mannered. Furthermore, I liked Anna, the heroine because she was smart, plucky and wasn't afraid to put herself in a compromising position... or should I say positions! Shocked

I warn you, this author writing style isn't polished (to my taste). Still, quite enjoyable and I hope you all like it too. I am looking forward to reading the others in the series.

1) The Raven Prince

Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Elizabeth_Hoyt_Princes_Trilogy

THERE COMES A TIME IN A LADY'S LIFE...
Widowed Anna Wren is having a wretched day. After an arrogant male on horseback nearly squashes her, she arrives home to learn that she is in dire financial straits. What is a gently bred lady to do?

WHEN SHE MUST DO THE UNTHINKABLE...

The Earl of Swartingham is in a quandary. Having frightened off two secretaries, Edward de Raaf needs someone who can withstand his bad temper and boorish behavior. Dammit! How hard can it be to find a decent secretary?

AND FIND EMPLOYMENT.

When Anna becomes the earl’s secretary, both their problems are solved. Then she discovers he plans to visit the most notorious brothel in London for his “manly” needs. Well! Anna sees red—and decides to assuage her “womanly” desires . . . with the earl as her unknowing lover.

2) The Leopard Prince

THE ONE THING A LADY MUST NEVER DO
Wealthy Lady Georgina Maitland doesn't want a husband, though she could use a good steward to run her estates. One look at Harry Pye, and Georgina knows she's not just dealing with a servant, but a man.

IS FALL IN LOVE...

Harry has known many aristocrats—including one particular nobleman who is his sworn enemy. But Harry has never met a beautiful lady so independent, uninhibited, and eager to be in his arms.

WITH HER SERVANT.

Still, it's impossible to conduct a discreet liaison when poisoned sheep, murdered villagers, and an enraged magistrate have the county in an uproar. The locals blame Harry for everything. Soon it's all Georgina can do to keep her head above water and Harry's out of the noose...without missing another night of love.

3) The Serpent Prince

WHEN THE DEVIL MEETS AN ANGEL
Country bred Lucy Craddock-Hayes is content with her quiet life. Until the day she trips over an unconscious man—a naked unconscious an—and loses her innocence forever.

HE CAN TAKE HER TO HEAVEN

Viscount Simon Iddesleigh was nearly beaten to death by his enemies. Now he’s hell-bent on vengeance. But as Lucy nurses him back to health, her honesty startles his jaded sensibilities—even as it ignites a desire that threatens to consume them both.

OR TO HELL

Charmed by Simon’s sly wit, urbane manners, and even his red-heeled shoes, Lucy falls hard and fast for him. Yet as his honor keeps him from ravishing her, his revenge sends his attackers to her door. As Simon wages war on his foes, Lucy wages her own war for his soul using the only weapon she has—her love…
Back to top Go down
sakuraneji09
Cool User
Cool User

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 5:09 am

nice.. i have been searching for books to read and i stumbled with these in the forum.. =)

i usually wait for the scans of these harlequins books.. but now.. i will definitely enjoy the books..

thanks for sharing guys..

Back to top Go down
aerysa
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 4:27 pm

Ooh, that's awesome Moon! I have a couple of her titles too, but never got around to reading it. So the review helps. I seriously thought I had this series, but I didn't... So thanks! ^^

Jibril
Elite Member
Elite Member
Jibril

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 7:55 pm

thanks for all the shares Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:28 am

omg so many thnx a lot guys and im glad you found a solution to sharing things here..great work!!!
Back to top Go down
aerysa
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:01 pm

Yeah, it's totally awesome! ^^

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 2:01 pm

aerysa wrote:
Ooh, that's awesome Moon! I have a couple of her titles too, but never got around to reading it. So the review helps. I seriously thought I had this series, but I didn't... So thanks! ^^

Oh my! Thank you for the shares!!!!!

I just finished another of her books from The Legend of the Four Soldiers Series, so I am going to share those 4 books.

I read the third "To Beguile A Beast" and I have to say that the writing style improved tremendously. Descriptions of places, thoughts and feelings were much more developed. I enjoyed it!!!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Jibril
Elite Member
Elite Member
Jibril

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:18 pm

thank you very much!! really wanted to read that <3
Back to top Go down
Shina112
Elite Member
Elite Member
Shina112

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 10:58 am

Hi, I'm kind of not used to talking on forums but I've been following this forum for a while and I just wanted to say thank you for all the great shares~!
Back to top Go down
aerysa
aerysa

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 2:17 pm

Ooh, perfect! Filling in the gaps of my collection! Thanks Moon Very Happy

Oh, and just wanted to say... It's not surprising that you felt the Prince series wasn't as good. Whatever the first book is, it seems to be her debut one. So yeah, it's expected that she'd get better and hone her skills more as she writes more.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sharing Harlequin and other e-books   Sharing Harlequin and other e-books - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sharing Harlequin and other e-books
Page 7 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next